We work together to continually develop and implement sustainable solutions. Through Green Thread, our environmental sustainability platform, we bring innovative and efficient solutions to life. We are passionately focused on reducing the environmental impact within our operations.
Here are just a few ways we work to make our campus more environmentally conscious:
Weigh the Waste
Did you know Dining Services sources food from many local farmers, growers and distributors? The list changes throughout the year depending on seasonality and availability. However, here is a sampling of a few of our partners:
- Oakhills Farm: San Antonio, TX
- Fresh Point Produce: San Antonio, TX
Reusable To-Go Container
Getting your meal to go from Roadrunner Cafe? Take part in our Reusable To-Go Container program. Here's how it works:
- Pay $7 to enroll in the Eco-To-Go Program (Cash, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Rowdy Dollars and Dining Dollars accepted).
- Receive a membership card to use as an exchange for an eco-to-go container.
- Turn in your dirty containers at the Roadrunner Café to receive your membership card for the next use.