What is a Meal Plan?
A Meal Plan unlocks delicious meals, coffee, snacks, and more, at more than 20 locations across campus. Your Meal Plan includes Meal Swipes and Dining Dollars, conveniently loaded onto your UTSA Card. No need to carry additional cards or cash!
Meal Swipes give you access to our all-you-care-to-eat dining hall, The Roadrunner Café. Unused meal swipes do NOT roll forward to future semesters and are forfeited at the end of each semester.
Dining DollarsDining Dollars may be used at any UTSA Dining location. Visit our locations page for location information, including dining hall menus and hours of operation. Dining Dollars roll over from the fall semester to the spring semester. At the end of the spring semester, unused Dining Dollars expire.
Meal Trades allow the use of a Roadrunner Café meal swipe at any other dining location on campus. A Meal Trade cannot be used in addition to a swipe at Roadrunner Café during the same meal period. Those times are*:
Breakfast: 7:00 am – 11:30 am
Lunch: 11:30 am – 3:30 pm
Dinner: 3:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Late Night: 8:30 pm – 2:00 am
*Meal Period Times are subject to change
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like.
- Healthy choices available all across campus.
- Special events with themed meals and exclusive offers for meal plan members.
- Casual atmosphere with TVs, Wi-Fi, music and lounge-style seating—perfect for studying or hanging out with friends.
- To-go meals: simply request a to-go box when you swipe in at Roadrunner Cafe – learn more about to-go meals here!
Managing Your Plan
There are three ways you can check your Meal Swipes and Dining Dollars balance:
- On ASAP
- Ask a cashier to run a balance check
- Visit the Campus Services office, open Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Dining Dollars running low? No problem! Add more online.